It’s hard to believe that next Friday starts Memorial Day weekend, the launchpad of summer entertaining. It’s not too late to renovate your outdoor cooking space in time for the summer season.
Here are the must have items for a gourmet cooking experience:
- Sink: This is a must have and cold water is fine unless you plan to wash dishes. Stainless steel is the best choice for outdoors.
- Grill: You can build the grill into the cabinets (as shown) or select a free-standing gas grill. And there is always the option for a charcoal grill. Consider the optional extras for your grill: auto-ignition, work shelves, storage and the cooking surface area you need. BTU is the other major selection.
- Power: This is obvious depending on your grill choice, lighting and if you include a refrigerator.
- Refrigerator: I consider this a very important appliance for the outdoor kitchen. It saves numerous trips to the kitchen. Under-counter models are readily available and easily integrated into cabinets.
- Cabinets: Storage simplifies outdoor entertaining. They should be weather proof and options range from modular, store bought to custom cabinets suited to the outdoors.
If you’re ready for your own gorgeous outdoor showplace, contact us. We’ll work with your style preferences to create a space that makes you want to live outdoors 24/7!