Feeling cooped in and happy February is almost over? My sentiments exactly and that’s why I want to promote neighborhood parties whether on your block, in your condo or apartment building. Reach out with a potluck theme and enjoy camaraderie with people whose paths you cross and get to know them.
Here’s a strategy:
· Plan a guest list
· Create a theme like ‘Winter is almost over Soup Supper’ or ‘Rachel Ray’s Lasagna dinner’
· Offer the menu and let everyone contribute or suggest a dish
· Make it BYOB and suggest wines to complement the menu
· Send out an EVITE
· Buy some flowers for your table
· Relax, enjoy and get to know your neighbors
After everyone enjoys a fabulous meal have some activities or games to keep the gossip and conversations going. Here are some suggestions.
Guess the Wine Price – Closest Wins a Bottle
Table Topics Game Cards from Pottery Barn
These cards spark lively conversation and debates. Now you will really get to know your neighbors.
Please share your ideas for neighborhood parties and let me know about the party. Bon Appetite!